Friday, May 28, 2010

Ippudo @ Mandarin Gallery

I just baked a really lousy brownie (i was in the kitchen, on my own. i kinda expected the outcome =X) and im in a bad mood. But it's ok, im waiting for Mum to be home to salvage my pathetic half-baked brownie while i blog about my fun fun meetup with Jun yest night!! =)

i know Jun like wayyyyy back. We were primary school classmates since primary one, our mums know each other, we embarked on our first Japan trip together on our own at the age of 16 (haha, yes, we got the whole tour bus looking aft us like our parents throughout the trip)...you get the drift.

So we decided to try Ippudo @ Mandarin Gallery! I've been eyeing on that restaurant since magazines started writing about it in their columns but the horrendous long queues was really stopping me from trying. Nevertheless, Jun and i decided to just pop by yesterday!

And to our surprise....

THERE IS NO QUEUE!!!! *beams*







We only waited for 30mins before we were served a table!! =)

But i wasnt very pleased with the seating plan though. We had to share another table with another couple and were forced to sit side by side, instead of opp each other =( It was kinda unexpected, given that this restaurant is tucked away in such a high-end shopping mall. I was expecting more privacy and all..but i guess this is what happens when the restaurant is crowded most of the time? oh wells.





Then came our ramen!





My ramen turned out to be pretty salty..but the noodles were just nice, not too hard nor too soggy! Pricing-wise, i guess $15 is like a rather common and affordable price for ramen in Singapore these days!

However, if i were given a choice, i would stick to Tampopo (Liang Court/Taka) or Men Ichi (Jurong Point) because they had better ramen, or at least more suited to my taste buds?

Anyhows, we ended up cam-whoring in front of the hugeeeeeeee mirror in the toilet! hahaha.



i love my denim jacket from Far East Plaza!! I love the whole biker feel, together with the very much raved faded denim color =))


After some shopping ard town, we ended up at Cine for some snow ice and iced yuan yang (yummmmm)!




We did loads of catching up within the few hours and i had loads of fun =) U know how some friends just make you feel extremely comfortable with them, despite not meeting up as often? Jun's that kind of friend =))

Alright, gona go watch some Simpsons now..byeeee!

1 comment:

  1. WHee =) Always like meeting up with you!! Heheh..

    ANyway, I got my denim romper from chicfemme.livejournal.com
    The romper already sold out cuz I bought it since quite long ago, but I like this blogshop alot..bought like a couple times from them so perhaps you can join their mailing list.

    Can't wait for the mulberry bag! Remember send me the pictures ok =)

    -jun

    ReplyDelete