Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Maple & Market


Lunching at Old Airport Road Food Centre on a weekday afternoon with my Uni friends led us to discover a relatively new bakery in the same neighbourhood so we went there for some post-lunch desserts!

Maple & Market, 34 Cassia Crescent 

Located right next to a kopitiam, this cafe-looking bakery is like a hidden gem among the rows and rows of HDB flats. 



Cakes...fruit loafs...cupcakes...totally spoilt for choices! 



What we ordered that afternoon: 

We got the staff to recommend 2 items from their cake choices that day and ended up with:

Blossom
This rose cake came with thick raspberry cream cheese frosting and real raspberries as well as pistachios between the layers. The generous portion of raspberry cream cheese was really yummy and rich in flavor. I personally prefer my cake base to be light and fluffy but the cake was pretty dense so it wasn't exactly my cup of tea.  If you are a fan of dense and slightly moist cakes, then you will enjoy this cake!


1919
Gula Melaka-flavored cake with kaya cream cheese frosting and topped with desiccated coconut. I love how gula melaka and kaya frosting is such a unique combination but surprisingly blend in so well with each other! My friend "I" mentioned how the taste reminded her of the nonya kuehs she ate when she was a little girl and i couldn't agree more ;) 


Hot mocha for my friend while i sipped my iced cafe latte. Their coffee was nothing to rave about though.

Me friends and I! =D 


My verdict after my first visit to Maple & Market? I like how i have so many options to choose from and even though the cake base is denser than i have expected, you can feel the sincerity and love the bakers have put in to make their pastries. If you are having lunch at Old Airport Road food centre nearby, do consider popping by this cute bakery and grab a cupcake or 2 for tea! I'll probably opt for their fruit loafs and popular maple and bacon cupcake on my next visit since i still do prefer fluffy cakes on the overall. haha.

Until next time~






No comments:

Post a Comment